Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sungka, DVD at Iba pa

Many lunar cycles ago while attending mass at Greenhills. I chanced upon this piece at one of the furniture stall, the ones that sell modern antiques. It had a lot of interesting stuff made from wood. When I saw this piece I immediately bought it.I though my nephews would love this. I recall playing this game with my older cousin but I never really got the hang of it. sunka flr Sungka also known as Congklak and Dakon in South East Asia, in particular Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines. It is a mancala game. The name "Congklak" comes from the Indonesian name for cowrie shells, which are often used as pieces. sunka blue They say that playing the game develops the mind in terms of math and social skills. I do not know if that is true, but I enjoy playing it with my nephews. sunka maroon Go to Post sunka fossil Other Posts today: The Bad, the Good and the Feathery Book from the Past sunka fossil 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home