Monday, November 14, 2005

Country Road

I just cannot seem to get this song out of my head. A few weeks ago I was able to get a compilation popular folk rock songs and it happened to be number two songs in the list. After that I was able to watch a Ghibli Anime Whisper of the Heart that had as one of its elements this song. What is it with this song? How come a song of John Denver has found itself imprinted in my brain? I have not been the United States and more so my travels have not yet taken me to West Virginia nor have I met a mountain momma. Why did this particular song of John Denver ( and reinterpreted in Japan by Olivia Newton-John) become my favourite tune. Its not because of John Denver's movie Oh God! Although it was a nice movie. Nor have I been a fan of country music. Although, some Kenny Roger's song have entered my collection - I like the Gambler but that is another story. Somehow, I seem to remember the refrain from this song. Every time it was played on the radio I could always sing the refrain:
Country road, take me home To the place I belong, West Virginia, mountain momma, Take me home, country road.
Perhaps, the song touches a part in me that reminds me of home -The places one grows up in and more importantly the people one grows up with.
I hear her voice, in the morning hours she calls me, The radio reminds me of my home far away. And driving down the road I get the feeling That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday.
I guess for people who have experienced leaving one's family and friends it would not be difficult to be touched by this song. Working and living miles away our family makes life difficult to bear and only the promise of a better life for our loved ones is perhaps the only thing that sustains us. Additional Posts for Today: Warui yatsu hodo yoku nemuru (1960) Time for the Opposition to Change Tactics Morning or Umaga My Bettas

2 Comments:

Blogger Sidney said...

Wow! I was not aware you got so many blogs!

I will put a link in my blog.

11/14/2005 08:53:00 PM  
Blogger juned said...

Thanks. It one way for me organise things. :)

11/15/2005 07:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home