Thursday, May 26, 2005

The interview game

A five question interview. Interesting exercise. I wonder would this be considered a meme? I have just finished all of the questions. Again an interesting task. You are free to try it out, the rules can be found at the end of this post. 1. The world is sharply divided in terms of cola loyalty. Are you a Cokehead or a Pepsi-fiend or something different altogether? I guess 90% of the time my brand loyalty would be to Coke. Its the softdrinks I grew up it. I still remember the old coke song "I'd like to Teach the World to Sing In Perfect Harmony", such a nice catchy tune. Then of course Coke for me seems to be more stronger than Pepsi. I guess its the sugar. Or as my old friends told me its synthetic cocaine they put in Coke. As you well know the first time Coke came out it was marketed as a tonic and one of its main ingredient at that time was cocaine. I wonder what the original coke-laced coke tasted like... Today, for health reasons, people who are aware of their health conditions and predispositions favor Diet Coke or Coke lite or whatever new sugar-free variant is set loose in the market. However, over consumption of the sugar-free beverage still pose a health risk, it may do damage to your liver and other internal organs I think. Then again there are times when you cannot help it but taste the regular coke, iba pa rin ang lasa. Coke has 90% of my loyalty. Ten percent of the time to add variety in the consumption of sodas I do shift or drink Sarsi and Diet Sarsi. One thing I mentally picked up at while viewing the Lifestye channel when drinking soda sip do not gulp. 2. If a film were to be made of the more interesting highlights of your life up until this point, what type of film would it be? What would be the breakout song from the film’s OST (original sound track)? Something like a Forest Gump movie - hopefully without me being the Gump character, possibly a Lt Dan. My life if ever there was anything exciting happening would be always against the backdrop of the changing times. I was born during the last years of the Philippine republic; I grew up in the Martial Law Years; Learned my craft during the decline of Marcos and the rise of Aquino; Enjoyed the good times and endured hardship under the mantle of global cold war politics; Became a cannon fooder for different politicians -stormed Malacanang when Marcos left and enjoyed the vacations from school provided by the different putsch instigated by the military elements of society. I guess you could say I... we live in interesting times and we lived. Break-out song hmmm the Coke song? Or Carl Orff's "Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi" from "Carmina Burana" or a new rendition of Eric Idle's "Always Look At The Bright Side of Life". Or Yoyoy Villame's "Butchikik" would be fine. 3. What’s your birth order? Did it play a part in the formation of your personality, of who you are today? Gemini under Western Astrology and Fire Goat under Chinese Astrology. It did not really play a crucial part of my ego and id. You know it is kind of interesting to learn that you have this and that trait because you were born at this time and day but most of the time it is just incidental. An interesting side trip or meandering in the road of life. I believe its the people one meets along the way that play an important part in the shaping of this journey we call life. 4. If you make love to your clone, is that incest, homosexuality or masturbation? All of the above? Most of the time I would think its just masturbation. You are having sex with an exact replica nothing new to explore or see. Plain physical stimulation. If the clone is of the same sex. But if it is of the opposite sex. Well technically its inbreeding and so I guess incest and I would not want to be the one to be the cause of a Dunwich Horror. Even if proper measures would be taken the thrill would be gone, imagine yourself looking like the opposite sex, in my cause it would be revolting site. 5. What is the oldest phone number you recall? If we dial it right now, who will answer? 997796. No one would answer it. Its our old phone number. A few years agothe number was changed because PLDT went digital or upgraded to some new technology at the time, may touchtone. And even though the phone line changed its number its dead now, a victim of those party calls. Interesting things about those phones before were the party lines and prank calls. Also that game on 2 TV pow. Here is the instructions on how to play this game I pasted here verbatim from Dean Alfar's post. I would be happy to interview you as lomg you follow the rules. Here are The Official Interview Game Rules: 1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “interview me.” 2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person’s will be different. 3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions. 4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post. 5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. If you don’t have a blog, I will still ask you 5 unique questions and you can post your answers here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dean said...

Great answers! Thanks!

5/26/2005 04:36:00 PM  
Blogger The Gravelcat said...

This sounds like fun. So interview me!

5/28/2005 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger juned said...

Monanoke:
1. You are Cinderella. And you already have danced with the Prince for three nights and left your shoe at the stroke of midnight. The Prince then decides to search for his one true love. Several ladies try on the shoe but all fail. Now its your turn. Then suddenly your stepsisters come in and try one the shoe. Your first sister tries it on and fails. Your second sister tries it and its a perfect fit! No blood no problem a perfect fit. How do you feel and what will you do?
2. If you were to present yourself as a food dish to five different people what would you be? Will it be the same for all?
3. If your High School life was to be book what type of book would it be and what would be your character.
4. Its the middle of the night and the phone rings you answer it. Who do you expect is calling? Who is the actual caller?
5. Book or e-book what would you rather read?

5/28/2005 03:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home