Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Panciteria, movie & Pakil

Yesterday, I discovered I failed to mention another old Chinese restaurant in Cubao. Chopstick House a panciteria its not as old as Ma Mon Luk and Hong Ning but it seems to have been there for a long time. Panciteria seems to be the old name for a Chinese restaurant, I know Rizal used the term often in his books and when he cooked bihon in Europe with Alejandrino. Panciteria translated to English means noodle house; pancit is a noodle dish - more specifically a noodle dish without soup. And Chopstick House still cooks terrific pancit. I wonder if its new competitor, a jazzed up Chinese restaurant will beat it. Judging by the prices of Chopstick House I guess...not. Additional posts BlOG: Cine67 Title:Ganito Kami Noon...Paano Kayo Ngayon? I first saw this movie when I was in grade school. Our school scheduled a fieldtrip to Magallanes theatre. This was way before the shoot-out at the same place or demolition of the theatre. It even had love seats. You could raise the armrest and convert chair into a sofa. Read BlOG: Pinoy Snapshots Title: Pakil Parochial Office view

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home